Detailed assessment of the construction methods and planning are crucial as a basis for cost estimates and a realistic project duration. For numerous dredging, construction and marine projects BPA has performed this task. Suitable equipment is proposed based on the scope of work and the project-specific conditions and constraints, with associated working methods and estimates for production and costs. The project budget and duration is then based on both this estimate and an evaluation of project-specific risks. In the tender phase these estimates can serve as benchmark for contractor proposals. During actual construction budget and planning control is supported by these estimates.
- detailed assessment of construction activities
- identifying of suitable equipment
- preferred working method(s)
- production and cost estimate
- planning of the works and assess project duration
- risk assessment and mitigation options