Sound contract specifications and conditions are paramount in order to define a clear scope of the Works, offer Contractors the possibility to offer their best price, and realize the project on the bases of a professional Employer-Contractor relation. It helps trouble free execution of the works if no unforeseen conditions appear, and helps solving discussions and disputes in case such unforeseen contract conditions do appear.
Blue Pelican Associates has extensive experience in the different forms of contracts and conditions which can be used for dredging and marine works. Therefore we are a great partner to assist during contract preparation or subsequent stages of dredging or marine works when it comes down to contracts or related commercial aspects.
BPA offers among others:
- preparation of tender documents
- drafting contract specifications and conditions
- setting-up of Bill of Quantities and Method of Measurement
- assist Employers in making choices for risk allocation amongst Employer and Contractor
- use General Conditions (like FIDIC or LOGIC) and draft Particular Conditions
- translate Terms of Reference or technical requirements into contract specifications
- review technical and commercial proposals
- assist in negotiation processes
- post-project assistance, for instance review and evaluation of claims