Blue Pelican Associates has extensive experience needed for understanding maintenance dredging . This includes:
- Understanding of natural processes (hydraulics, siltation, sedimentation) leading to dredging necessities
- In-depth knowledge of dredging technology, execution methods, equipment and surveying
- Capabilities to define realistic functional or technical dredging requirements
- Pros and cons of contract types, and options for allocation of responsibilities and risks
- Wide experience in setting up dredging tenders and drafting (or optimizing) dredging contracts
- Insight in dredging market circumstances and vast experience in calculating realistic site-specific dredging price levels
Maintenance dredging is a large and permanent operational cost burden in many ports. With a critical evaluation of the maintenance dredging scope and philosophy, BPA can identify possibilities for significant savings and an effective implementation strategy for your maintenance program.