- Shtokman Gas-Consdensate Development
- Pre-feasibility Study Greenfield Port
- Deepening of the NorNed Cable
- Trench for pipeline connection
Sedimentation in the Port of Harlingen is relatively high, causing high maintenance dredging costs. Municipality is eager to know what causes the sedimentation exactly. A complex hydrodynamic system is present with sediment-rich tidal flows, density currents, and discharge of floodwater from backwaters.
Frequently the municipality, the dredging contractor, and local pilots have a different opinion on the actual water depth available in critical spots in the port area.
BPA is assigned to run a quick scan of the situation in Port of Harlingen, aiming at a proposal for the execution of a series of measurements of hydraulic, sedimentologic and dredging parameters.
Detailed Description of Actual Services Provided by Blue Pelican Associates:
- Inventarization of existing data, with a summary of reports prepared earlier (by others)
- Description of hydrodynamic system within the port, with influence from surrounding areas
- Assessment of maintenance dredging (as executed)
- Proposal for adoption of nautical depth concept in the port
- Recommendations on port management
- Establish need for data collection, including proposal